Sunday 20 December 2015

MY LIFE, MY STORY

MY LIFE, MY STORY

My story in the world of Chartered Accountancy started when I first saw my marks in accountancy.

It became my favourite subject and in a short span of time become my first love too. I was an average student till I was in 10th, but the life had a surprise for me in 11th, my love for accountancy and commerce was at top peak, I got a scholar badge that year for standing at 3rd position in all the commerce section.

It was a life changing moment for me, because I never got such a respect in my school.

My friend Varun Mahey told me about Chartered Accountancy and since I didn’t knew too much about the course.

I found that it was something which can help me in fulfilling my dreams and make me a kind of person I want to be.
A year later when I passed 12th there was a kind of disappointment in my heart for myself as I scored too low of my expectation. It was only 89.6% aggregate though for many people these are good marks, but the ones associated with the commerce industry know that this is nothing in front of the ones who wanted to be in college. I didn’t even scored highest marks in Accountancy.

Though not high but there was an expectation in my eyes during my +2 time that I would make it to a regular college in Delhi University.

But my friends who scored 95% could not make it to a good college in north campus how could I even imagine that with my marks.

Somehow in few days I got out of it and make my mind to give full attention to get good marks in CA-IPCC so that I can also stand up and say that I did something.

The day is still fresh in my mind when I first enter my cost fm class and I saw 2000+ students and I was dumbstruck as it was clear that I have to compete with these many plus many other students in my exams with result that is barely less than 10%.

My journey during tuitions was full of ups and down, there was a time when the tuition timings and travelling was killing me from inside  and three also was a time when  me and my friends used to sit on the floor of the last coach of the overcrowded metro and used study till the time our stations do not come.

Studying during travelling in metro and all the difficult situations made us tough towards the hardships in life and made me more focused to do something great.

In the last the tuitions got over a and my papers of b.com hons 1st years on 15 June and I was on my bed with books of all the subjects and this was the time which is more crucial then any other thing in life.

It was barely 4 months for self study and revision and to do the things which would make me a 
CA-FINALIST.

Firstly I would like to tell you that at that time also I was not having my own phone so watsapp was not an issue plus I didn’t have too many friends which could be a possible distraction as all my friends were doing CA only and we all knew that we should not disturb each other more often.

In first month I started with cost fm and finished it then accounts then theory, for each and every month there was a target in my mind and for each and every day I used to make a target on that day only keeping in mind what subject need to be studied that day.

What I would suggest is that I maintained a small diary and i used to write my goals everyday that 
what I have to do today and till the time I don’t achieve it I usually don’t go to sleep.

The day which is wasted due to any other reason when I could not study I just used to let that page empty with a tight slap on my face and start to study for the present day.
I first faced a problem in the month of September when I saw that the cost fm which I studied was out of my mind.

I decided to do practice material for that and found out the power of revision and importance of practice material that very moment.

I did practice manual for each and every subject, and truly speaking more than 75% of questions was from study material( practice manual and study mat).

And during exam time whenever I used to feel odd or de motivated I used to say that it’s just another paper and I have to see more difficult and important exams in future.

Be relaxed during paper no matter if the paper didn’t end well just forget it and prepare for the next paper. This thing happened with me in law paper and never got tensed because it went really bad. I just started preparing for the next paper.

And 2 months after that I cried sitting in front of my computer with the mark sheet in it stating that I scored 60%+ marks in CA-IPCC with both groups cleared. It was a life changing moment for me.

It was the passion of mine to follow my dreams and the junoon to do something in my life and the rectification of my disappointment with the result of 12th gave me the energy to do it.

I hope the best for you all and like to tell you that you can and you will no matter what the circumstances are.

All the best and I hope you like my story.

WRITTEN AND POSTED BY

SAMIR DEWAN

EDITOR AT CHARTERED BLOOD


No comments:

Post a Comment